The Xarepo Live Tracker is a generic tracking app that uses the GPS of the mobile device to send location updates to a server. The server provides a web page with a map showing your location updated live via a link you can share. You can run solo sessions, group sessions with your friends, or sessions related to an event such as a race. The app doesn’t contain a map, the tracking session is instead viewed on the server via the normal web browser. No app is required by the viewers.
-Pure live tracker with no strings attached, no user account required, anonymous, no big data collection, no advertising.
– Background tracking, ie supports tracking while the mobile is in your pocket.
– View sessions via temporory generated web link (or a set fixed link), no app required for the viewers.
– Supports solo sessions, group sessions, and event sessions.
– Share group and event join information via QR code.
– Share your tracking session as a unique generated web link.
– Minimal generic app, easy to use. Extra functionality is implemented on the server side, meaning that the app does not dictate the use cases.
– Sessions can be start and stopped even without server connection, the app sends tracking data whenever connection can be made.
– Default server provided, but you can reconfigure to a third-party server or even a server you host yourself.
——Uploaded by the user